Old 12-29-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Thrifty

Driven Heart, I too am starting to read a lot of Tolle I plan to read more with a mind toward the AV.

I just got my copy of the RR book yesterday. I read a some yesterday and some today and am up to page 35. I was sober yesterday evening(a first in a few weeks) and talked back to my addictive voice quite a few times. Today is another matter, it seems like the more I read, the more the AV keeps trying to chime in. It's really bothersome. It's only noon and I'm afraid. I know it's just my addictive voice screaming at me probably realizing something new is up, not just the usual "I won't drink today", but knowing I'll give into it by the evening.

To be honest, I haven't even gotten to the big plan part of the book and haven't made one. I can however say "I never drink now", which seems to be more like living in the present moment. For some reason this doesn't irritate the AV as much as "I will never drink and I will never change my mind"

I guess I would like to hear from people about the early stages of the process. Was AVRT a moment of clarity or was it a short process that you had to practice for a little while? I think the only way that it would work is if you are 100 percent certain of your big plan and can make a guarantee of never drinking. Is there still hope for it working for someone like me , at the beginning stages who is not at the big plan yet? Or is simply hoping for the process to have a learning curve the AV saying "Phew, I can stall her for a little while and in the meantime I'll keep working on her to give up on this AVRT thing"?

Any advice would be really welcome. In the meantime, I will continue reading. Thanks all.