Old 12-28-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
sprman24

Thanks very much, for the last 3 posts again.
No, I am not stoping to post in general. I ment for this posting, because the answers went so far from the questions I asked sometimes, and harsh is not what I need right now. I had harsh people around me, criticizing me for what I do or not do. So I will take the advise and read them, but leave them. Doesn't mean I don't appriciate all of the input. Is just sometimes they way, people answer, that I think they are maybe bitter or simple didn't understand what I meant.
I will see what the future brings, and just take it day by day. I am fully aware, that him and I maybe never will be happy and that he maybe never get sober. So be it. I know I am strong enough to handle my life alone. But like I said, loosing a loved one is always hard, seeing they destroy their life, even harder.

Thanks for the advise with the different books, u guys mentioned.
I did read a book the last time "Healing the Addicted Brain" which I personally really enjoyed reading. Its a Science-Based Book. And because it doesn't put feelings in, like other books often do, I found it helpful to understand Addiction much better. It aslo explains the recovery process based on Science, so the post from Hopeworks, could relate to that pretty well.
When I thought about rehab, I was acutally thinking about a 90 day program, instead of a 30 day program as well. Its gonna be up to him and not to me anyways.
But sometimes, he asks me for advise. What i think it would be better. So thats why I started asking that question, to actually have the right answer. He is a free man, he makes the choice.

Thanks everybody!!!