Thread: No rock bottom
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 01:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sesh

Tlm56, my AF was the same as your AH. He was very sick man for years, but quiting was never possiblity he considered. He even used to say: "I rather live like a man for one day, than hundred years like a xxxxx". I guess in his mind drinking was what makes someone a man. Sad.
He died at the age of 53.

jds I agree with you that drinking gets much worse after every relapse. It did for my RAH too. Now he is sober only 8 months, and that is by far the longest he ever did. Right now he is deducated to his recovery, drinking is not an option for him. I'm proud of him for it, but in the same time I'm aware that as years go by his deducation to his sobriety might reduce. We all tend to forget bad things, and it takes a lot to maintain that level of awarness throughout the years. R in RAH is a constant, never ending struggle and I truly admire people who make it a life long acheivment.

In the same time if my RAH drinks again, I would not stay for one second. My life is too precious to be wasted on more pain in the first row seat of someone's self distraction.