View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
devastated

Your post hits close to home in that I'm raising my great-grandaughter and her Mom and Dad still don't get it!

Whenever they called here to speak to the baby, I say no! I refuse to let them undo all we have strived to do.

I am very happy that your grandaughter has her Dad and stepmom in her life, and are following all the rules. We had social workers, as many as three at a time, for about a year and a half. We became great friends with all of them. Our adoption was final in August.

Good for you for letting her know you are serious. Don't you love the way they think they can manipulate the system and have the child in their life anytime they want? Rude awaking when they find out no one is "kidding" with them.

My grandaughter, the mom of our great-grandaughter, had a third child and gave it away. We don't know to who or where. When I asked her about it, she said she was going to talk to the social worker about this because they all tricked her. She said, I don't even have any paperwork. I said, "I'll bet you did at one time!" How sad!

Have a great Holiday. I'll bet that movie was great!

Keep up the good work!

Hugs, Devastated