View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
seekerofsanity

Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
Welcome to Sober Recovery. Yes, you are in the right place and it's great that you posted. That's why SR is here.

Reading what you wrote I have one big rhetorical question for you:

You seem very clearly to want to leave. Since that is the case, why does anyone other than you need to understand that the situation is not healthy? You know it isn't, and you know you and your son can have a much better life than this. It's no more necessary for the alcoholic to understand than it is for those people in the middle of the mall to get an excuse as to why you don't want them to rub their hand lotion on you. Just like it's your money the mall are trying to part you with, this is your life and you have a right to make choices and changes that result in you spending your life the way you wish to spend it.

Glad you are here. Hope you will keep reading and gain the strength you need to make the changes that you want to make.
I guess because he's been my only friend for so long, I feel I don't want him to think I am abandoning him, or that I don't care about him. I would like him to understand that my reasoning is due to the unhealthiness of the situation, rather than there being something wrong with him, as a human being.