View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 12:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
seekerofsanity

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
I also have a very intense fear that I will fail again if I try to move on in my life alone.

fail how exactly?
I left him twice before, and I felt so alone, my son missed his dad terribly, I was looking for work in a new city, having no luck. My mom, though also having a simliar situation with my dad my entire life, was always independent and took care of four of us kids mostly by herself, so she could never understand what I was going through, I lost all my friends when he and I were together so I had no one to talk to about it or rely on for help. After several months of not being hired, not being able to move into my own place, not having anyone to talk to or be close with, with him trying to convince me to move back in with him, I gave in.

I did not used to be a weak person before I met him, or at least I convinced myself I wasn't but I became pretty dependent upon him for a lot of things over the years. I am in school now and have some income of my own again and hope to be able to enjoy a successful career, but that is way down the line.