View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
whiskeyjoe

Originally Posted by Frankie12 View Post

Let's face it, if a woman has issues with you not drinking, then obviously she is not a match for you.

If you find someone who might be a potential long term date, or mate, then you can always re-visit this question down the road and decide how much you want to or need to tell that person.
I don't disagree with what you said. Here's the thing. At school there seems to be a plethora or women that I find attractive and quite a few of them seem to have shown some level of interest in me. So school seems to be a good place to start dating again. The thing that I'm afraid of is that people talk.

I don't think my problem is really having to explain why I don't drink if I'm out at a social event or even a date. My degree is going to be in a health related field, so my "cover story" is that I want to be able to walk the walk and drinking doesn't do it for me anymore.

One thing I'm concerned about is if I do start dating someone from school and if things start to get good then I feel like I would eventually have to tell them why I disappear for a few hours a week to go to meetings. This is especially true for the weekends. Right now I'm in a small-ish town and drive out about an hour for a meeting that lasts about 1.5-2 hours.

On the other hand, I'm not looking for a wife or a steady girlfriend either. Sobriety and my career are my top priorities now. I just want to have some fun and want to meet some people. I don't want anything serious. There's 6 months left in school and most likely I'm moving to the west coast. I really wasn't planning on taking anyone with me.

I think I might be overthinking things here.