View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 02:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by wanttobehappy View Post
Thumper, thank you so much for your reply....everything you say makes so much sense to me. I try to be the best mum i can be to my daughter, but i try to support him too, and i feel like i cant do both. With worrying about all of our futures, the right thing to do and so on, im probably am only half present. When im with friends, or somewhere else with her, i feel like a different person, i dont have to worry about keeping him happy, or what he is upto. I dont know why but i have huge issues with feeling guilty, about everything, and doing the right thing. I used to be such an outgoing and strong person who wouldnt take any rubbish from anyone, and now i feel weak and cant make decisions for myself because im scared im in the wrong. He tells me i dont support him enough, that he works hard to provide a nice life for me and my daughter, as in secure future nice home etc, but to me its material stuff. Id rather have health, happiness, laughter in my life than any of that. But he lays on the guilt that im taking my daughter to a life of living in a council flat, going to a bad school etc etc rather than the life he gives us/her. I know also that im getting run down with it all, im constantly tired, have stomach problems, nausea most days, and an old health problem i had has returned.
Somehow he manages to convince me im the one with the problem and that im ungrateful.
im glad everything worked out for you, you sound so strong
Sick people will make you sick.

You are completely justified, IMO, in the feelings you are having about him and his "moderated" drinking (which I feel is total BS by the way). I have found that every moment I spent trying to discuss someone else's alcoholism or addiction and how it was affecting me would just build on my guilt, self-doubt, low self-esteem, etc etc, all the negatives. It turned me into a person I simply was not. I hear the same in what you are saying.

It does not sound like he wants to stop drinking. I REFUSE to live with ANYONE who drinks alcohol or does drugs. Period.