Old 12-18-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
HuskyPup
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Thanks, Threshold, for the advice and the encouragement. Looking back over this thread, I have to say, I did at points see the prospect of starting a secular group as rather hopeless at points, as I read about RR and that jack stumpy guy and all the splinter groups and fighting, and I thought: Now that's not what I want! What was wanted was what you indicated: positive energy. It could also be a place to talk about what we didn't find helpful about aspects of other groups we experienced, but more than that, a place to move beyond that, and break through the strictures and limitations as opposed to merely complain about them.

I was thinking: I wonder how I might find a few other people interested in helping...any ideas, here? I could try and recruit outside of existing meetings that can not be named here, but I'd worry about people wanting to infiltrate, just to try and cause problems, and make it fail...something I have thought about...

Well, all a person can do is try; in a city of such a huge size, with so much drug and alcohol abuse, I think a secular approach would serve many people.