View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 07:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
PixieGirl

My husband is in semi denial that he is an alcoholic. We have been around and around the subject. We fight (or he breaks down), he swears he will stop drinking. He stops usually for 2 days. Then he has a bad day so he just has a few beers, just buys a six pack. Then a few days later he buys a slab (4x6 packs) because it's cheaper. Then we are back to 2 or 3 slabs a week. And I am the nag because I object to a hard working man enjoying a beer at the end of the night.

my goodness - I could've written this myself! our boy is only 2, it scares me to think what he could absorb once he's older. i'm making a plan to leave in the new year to try and protect my son from seeing this and being influenced by it. It's scary but I believe it's the right thing to do.

You are not being petulent, we all have every right to be able to depend on our husbands, that's a huge reason why I'm leaving.

I too have cried and told him how this affects me and our son...unfortunately it has never made much difference in the long run. I'm coming to accept that now after being with him almost 10 years. He was proud that he went a few days without drinking after I got mad at him....but he'll be back at it and soon we will be gone to live with my mom.

Good luck and stay strong!!