Thread: Three Months!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 09:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Pigtails

Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
Three months for me today. I thought I was doomed to live a life of anxiety, depression, guilt, misery, well the list could go on. I still have good days and bad, but overall the peace and happiness I feel is amazing. My quality of life has dramatically improved. I truly can't believe how much my life and mental health have improved in 3 short months. I laugh and smile a lot now, and do other silly things. Sometimes when a good song comes on I dance (in the privacy of my own home with only my poor dogs to witness my uncoordination ).

I come to SR daily, and I have learned a lot from the members of this community. It has been a huge support to be on this journey with people who understand what I am going through. I just wanted to show my gratitude and say .
Congrats! I'm so glad to hear it just keeps getting better. I too experience those moments of absolute happiness for no tangible reason. I laugh more genuinely, feel good inside, and start dancing or singing for no reason. And I am only at 36 days. I told my boyfriend that I am feeling feelings for real and more strongly than when I drank-- I drank to numb and escape my feelings, and now they all come flooding in. Sometimes they are depressed and sad feelings but other times they are joyful and happy. And those "up" feelings are starting to outweigh the "down" feelings so I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Happy 3 month birthday. 7 Thanks for sharing your successes!