View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 02:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
eyeswideshut1

Thanks, Rose. It IS hard to swallow. Not only losing the money, but his disappearance. We had been speaking on skype for a couple hours every night for several weeks before he disappeared. (He lived in the same town as me for the first year I knew him, but then moved back to the country where he was born and we had been doing a long-distance/visiting thing for the past year.) The last time I talked to him, he was in good spirits and said he was about to get the money he was expecting from his grandfather's estate and then would be coming to stay with me for a few months. And then he just disappeared. The worry is hard to handle. All sorts of questions run through my head: Did something awful happen to him? Is he even alive? I mean, I guess nothing should surprise me when it comes to an addict. I knew he was unpredictable. He is probably on a binge. But this unexplained disappearance is hard to handle. I guess I may never know, and I just have to accept that whatever happened to him, I'm lucky to be free. But it's a struggle and will take a while to accept. He said a lot of romantic things, telling me I was his life partner, talking about marriage. But as I am learning, talk is cheap.