Old 12-10-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Originally Posted by akrasia View Post
What else has your daughter got going on in her life? Maybe she's getting into Dramatic relationships because she's looking for meaning and excitement? Just a thought. Are there ways you could help her towards some exciting travel or college kinds of things?
This is interesting...because whenever I try to talk with her about life after high school (she graduates in May 2012), she gets freaked out. I tried to talk about having an apartment and what fun it would be and she went off on me, accusing me of plotting to get her to move out when she wasn't ready. We have talked about traveling abroad (she has already been to Germany with her class) and she gets weepy. I don't see her doing much other than school, her job, and going to the gym. It's like she is pining away for this boy versus going out and having fun like most 18 yr olds do. I simply don't know what she wants - but I see a lot of fear about the future.

I love the reverse psychology stuff; good ideas, thanks! ; ) I tried it with another boy who was in the picture briefly and it didn't work. But maybe overly-embracing this punk - giving her what she wants in total overdose form - may work. AT least it would be humorous (for me)!!

I remember feeling at 18 that I had the whole world to conquer. I am so stubborn and bull-headed and she is this little waif who is so sensitive and introverted...where did this child come from?!