Old 12-08-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by jester22 View Post
Haven't had a drink in several days and the beast is pitching a fit. I don't know if that's because I said "Never" and then reneged so it therefore sees a weakness or if it's because it knows I gained some more valuable intel about how it operates and is royally pissed. How does one know? Or, is my even wondering "beast" activity that needs to be shut down?
You cannot "shut down" Beast activity, any more than you could shut down your sex drive. You can be sure that the Beast will be working overtime to inject doubt on account of your drinking via the Addictive Voice, though, building a case of incompetence against you. It is just doing its job, which is to try and get you to drink again. You may want to read the book again. In my experience, the Beast will actually be adding its two cents as you read it the first time around. Once you make your Big Plan, set your confidence level arbitrarily at 100% and recognize all self-doubt as the AV itself.