Old 12-08-2011, 11:20 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Exploring

I made a Big Plan on 10/29. I had read the book and I was determined. I changed everything about my lifestyle because "I" wanted to. I started exercising, eating right and participating in life. Again, because that is what "I" wanted. Then I had some set-backs and my beast came at me with a full frontal attack and I experienced a major case of vertigo and gave in to the wily beast. I did learn so much about how my beast operates. I think when I am feeling strong it knows better than to even try so it patiently hangs back and waits. My reversal of intent was a major set back and gaining control once again has not been an easy task. Many on SR speak about working on their recovery daily. Can AVRT be used daily? During my month of abstinence I didn't think much about drinking or the beast. I simply proceeded forward with my life. I suppose it was my failure to realize that the beast will always be there and will sing to me like a siren when I hit a speed bump. I am not nearly as confident/cocky this time around. I need to practice engaging my beast more often so I get to know its ways.