Old 12-07-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
NewWay

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique View Post
In reading posts from "newbies" about their initial plans to beat their addiction, many times it is apparent that they are conflicted, and that their Beast is trying to leave the door open to the possibility of future drinking/using. I found the following "examples of subtle and not-so-subtle 'holes' in an effective plan to defeat substance addiction" in the JRR which sums up the common stall tactics used fairly well. If you want to do things right, be sure to plug those holes first.
I know I can't do 2-4, but it is #1 that I have a hard time with. I still can't bring myself to commit to never drinking again which I know is a major part of the AVRT. I do recognize the AV though. I thought about drinking today, but I talked myself out of it after I thought about the steps it would take and how awful I would feel afterwards. It just wasn't worth it and I didn't want to start all over again.

I am still in the "one day at a time" mode which I know goes against AVRT, but right now it is helping.