View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 02:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sheneedshelp

I want to help so bad

Yesterday one I went out for coffee with one of my AD's friends. Her friend Halee. She contacted me earlier in the week saying she wanted to talk to me about Amber and her drinking. I agreed to the meeting on the terms that I'd hear anything she had to say no matter how bad it made my daughter look.

I haven't seen or heard from Amber in about month we used to go out for lunch every once in a while to catch up on how she was doing and whats going on in her life good or bad. I haven't had that lately.

Well I learned a lot meeting with her friend.

Amber got a new job where she works during the day and has a little more money on hand. So she now has a new apartment and a new roomate, who shares the same love of life that she does and enjoys the partying lifestyle. She told me they have some friends over almost every night or they just drink together. But they're essentially always drunk and sometimes they get high. But apprently you don't find them sober past 9 PM.

She also told me Amber's party behavior has gotten way worse. Like she never could keep herself in check when she was drunk, but now shes "not someone I want to be around when shes drunk" This is the same friend that came home into my house drunk with her this past summer half naked and threw up on my kitchen floor and now she can't even drink with Amber anymore. She then told me a story from last weekend where Amber was at party with her and they were in a hot tub with guy. Amber was drunk, her friend hadn't drank much and neither had the guy. She asked him to get her the bottle of Jack Bean when she already had a beer and he asked her whats in it for him. She came on to him and told him "whatever he wanted". She according to her friend proceeded to take off her swimsuit bottoms and stick up her butt in his face, then slapped it and went "ya like?" and the top wasn't far behind and she let him "motorboat her"

My daughters friend said she feels terrible because at that point she left the hot tub because was just so sickening to see Amber get taken advantage of that way so she went to a different room. But eventaully Amber came completely naked holding a bottle of whiskey and asking people if they wanted to do body shots "of any part of her body". She told me it was the saddest thing she's ever seen considering how far Amber was about a year and a half ago where they couldn't even get her to go to a party.

I couldn't hold back my tears and her friend gave a hug and wanted to know if Amber would ever live in my house again. I said I didn't know. She told me she thought it'd be better if she came because her roomate has a terrible influence on Amber, she was also at that party and was just as drunk and completely encouraged Amber. She also showed me some pictures from facebook of Amber. She looks completely different, she got blonde highlights, she's visibly gained weight, and she has another tattoo. It's of a heart with wings on her lower back to go with the lipstick outline on her right butt cheek.

I guess I just really want her to come home because it seems like nothing is getting better in her life and I'd want to keep an eye on her and try to help her through this issue. But I've been down that road before and it only caused more pain. I don't know what to do but apprently she's gotten so bad her childhood friends won't even deal with her when she drinks. What do I do?