View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 10:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
eyeswideshut1

Thanks to all of your for your support--it is really helping me cope during this difficult time! Leslie, I like the idea of a letting go ritual, too! I think I just might do it. I started taking steps toward protecting my own financial well-being when I realized that the financial situation with my ABF was getting out of control--paid off my credit card debt and started saving. I think that the money is an easy thing to focus on, but what I'm also dealing with is feelings of abandonment and betrayal. I feel used. But I have been reading up on codependency! I realize that I started off as a rescuer, am in victim mode now, and would happily move into persecutor if he called me! I've got to get out of this cycle somehow. I know that the solution seems so obvious to others, but it's so hard when you're overwhelmed by such powerful emotions! I am going to keep trying to just keep it up, one minute at a time. I can't imagine at this point going back to him. I may still be wavering at moments, but I think I've managed to confront the reality of our relationship over the past month and be much more honest with myself about what was really going on vs. what I wished were happening. Anyway, peace and love to you all, and thanks again for the support!