View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kanamit

Thank you…and goodbye!

Hi everyone,

I can't imagine it will make much difference to anyone but after much deliberation I have decided to leave this SR.

It was thanks to this forum I found out about AVRT from Rational Recovery. To say that it worked and is effective would be a huge understatement. Once I 'got it' I knew that drinking was over for me. I hung around for a bit though because I wanted to give something back; whether I did or not is anybody's guess.

It has been an absolute pleasure to discuss AVRT with you all. The quality of dabating you get here shows that often highly intelligent people succumb to to so-called benefits of alcohol.

I would like to say a special thank you to Terminally Unique. I think I speak on behalf of many people here when I say I am grateful for the time and effort he spends here helping people learn about AVRT. I would never have found this without his help so for what it is worth you can be rest assured you've helped at least one person.

I will never drink again, and I will never change my mind. I have already achieved several things that I could never do while drinking. My Beast seemed like a worthy opponent for many years but I had the last laugh. Its sentence is lifetime imprisonment on my terms. The fact that I will never change my mind means life without parole. Poor thing.

I beat this and do you know what? It was easy. I wish you all the best, you deserve it.