Old 12-04-2011, 11:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
england

You have made a big decision on wanting to get clean.

I know first hand how hard it is to stop but YOU can do it.

Your nose problems are normal but will get worse if you continue to use - I currently have a dent on the front of my nose and I am constantly preying that it will vanish but my doctor said it was very unlikely. You may also have some mental problems that will need to be dealt with - I was suffering with paranoia and a little of depression.

I'm from England so am not sure what the procedure is regarding medical help in America as its all free here. However, if you do have medical insurance then go to your doctor as they will be able to help you - remember that its not only your nose that could be damaged.

To stop using I was provided with the following advice by my drug support worker:

1) Write a list of your cocaine triggers and see what situations set of your cravings and try eliminate them from your life.
2) Cut off all friends who use drugs - this was very hard for me but its a matter or life or death, so I had to lose about 10 friends who use
3) delete all dealers phone numbers
4) avoid all places where you know drugs will be
5) Attend CA or NA meetings and keep going back - even if you dont want to
6) take up a new interest - I have started cycling again

Just remember that everybody has their own way to kick their addiction, so do not take my list as gospel but just some ideas that may aid your recovery.

If you need any more advice then let me know and I'll do my best to help you.

The first few weeks were hard as I was feeling really depressed and unable to smile but I am now just over 90 days clean and believe me asking for help was the best decision I ever made.

Also keep posting as there are lost of people who can offer support.