Old 12-02-2011, 09:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
XXXXXXXXXX

Mental illness or alcoholism-chicken or the egg

Now that ex is "trying" not to drink I have made an observation that I didnt see before. I always blamed his paranoia, anger, a.d.d. Like and obsessive qualities on alcoholism. When the alcohol is gone for 2 or 3 weeks, that's all still there. It's like the alcohol was masking the mental illness. Or maybe years of alcohol binging has caused the mental illness. Its like what came first, the chicken or the egg?

I'm doing very good with detachment right now, as I am almost at no contact, text only and if I'm busy I don't respond. He sometimes cranks up the manipulation with things like "please call me...very important" and even "call me. I think my mom has cancer". Which turned out to be untrue. I had a feeling in my gut that he had gone back to drinking a little, and that was verified by his thanksgiving binge.

I don't let my mind wander into a fantasy where there is a happy ending for us. I'm ready to make my own happy ending. Tonight is my daughters birthday sleepover. There were 8 girls here at the hotel a few hours ago, we are down to 4 now, and they are having a blast. Life is good.