Old 11-30-2011, 09:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LostinLV777

gbz i am right here in your shoes. i married a smart witty handsome driven young man with a good job and months after getting married, everything changed. he quit his job, became utterly depressed, drank himself into oblivion , and never even looked for a job.

here i am a year later.... 30 day rehab paid for by me, and three more rides to the public detox center.... and i just today woke up and said "NO MORE.... not for me."

we havent separated yet, hes at detox now. i just literally packed his belongings for him (b/c i know it would take him a year to do it) and have his things sitting in his truck waiting for him when he gets back.

but yet, a part of me still believes he can recover and be the man i know he can be. but am i willing to wait around for it? I got divorce papers today. i havent asked him to sign yet, but just getting them was a huge step. its scary. i dont want to leave the KNOWN even though its torture.

i believe he can change....i just dont know if i can wait it out and take that gamble. im so there with ya girl. my hubby and true love of my life is nothing close to the man i married. i have no idea who he is, or who i am, anymore. you are certainly not alone