Old 09-07-2004, 02:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
shutterbug
A picture's worth a 1000 words

liveweyerd said: I drive on auto-pilot, no radio or anything, get so busy talking to myself in my head I drive by the exit.

LOL...that's a cute way to describe it. I do the same thing all the time. I even miss the turn to my own house all the time. One day, I took a new reporter on a spot news assignment and it took us about 10 minutes to get there. Well, ummm, I was talking (outloud) on the way back and missed every exit and turn...missed some of them more than once!! It took us more than 1/2 and hour to get back to the newsroom. I just joked it off by saying that I kidnapped her to give her a tour of the town.

liveweyerd said: Attention span? I haven't had a tv for years...

Sometimes I watch T.V. for hours and hours, just zoning out. Other times I don't bother.

liveweyerd said: I have a great vocabulary but can't use it verbally. I, too, lose words and more aggravating.... important things! People underestimate my intelligence because of some of these symptoms. Some times I just go along with it and laugh about being ditzy.
I totally hear you.

liveweyerd said: My anxiety is well masked. Because I am a risk taker. I will not let fear stop me from doing the things I want to do. I take a pill and go for it! Few people see how when my printer won't turn on I come so unglued I get physically sick. Actually the machinery thing is my temper hot spot. The anxiety is an underlying thing always there...

yeppers...I'm typically such a tranquil person, but I do have rare moments that few have seen. Usually it's a full-blown temper tantrum when I can't figure out anything to wear or the things I try on don't fit anymore because I've gained so much weight. I'm getting angry just typing about it. Although, over the last few years I've come more to terms with my weight issues and just don't give a hoot much anymore (I put on almost 100 pounds after my 1st major depressive episode hit me 7 years ago so my food problems are just the opposite. And because it's so unacceptable, people don't say much when I'm over-eating, but I know they are thinking it - which makes me want to scream and cry all at the same time).

Anyway, I can't hardly think about anything exept learning about my bipolar lately. And talk about forgetfull, my friend is on her way to get me and I should be ready by now - must go, fast....

Bye