View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 02:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sesh

IMHO we can fully get rid of the anger only when and if we reach full acceptance.
Acceptance that he is who he is and that most likely he'll never change.
Acceptance that life happens on life terms, and there is not a single thing we can do about it.
Acceptance that we have lost this battle.
Acceptance that we were silly enough to even think winning this battle is a possibility.
Acceptance that thinking of it all in terms of winning and losing and battle was a mistake.
Acceptance that from this day on whether we're happy or unhappy depends only on ourselves...
Acceptance that the A is not the only one to be blamed that this is our life now, and that we should take responisbility for our own lives.
Acceptance that past is past.
And than letting go of it all.

It happens only when you allow for it to happen, when you're ready. It doesn't happen while wether he's still lieing or not makes a difference to you. Lies are part of the disease, compassion comes from understanding this too. It usually takes a certain amount of detachmet, distancing (different to each of us, to some never possible) to understand and feel this.

I hope this doesn't sounds patronising, just wanted to share what I learned from my own experience.
I wish you well.
HUGS