Thread: feeling stupid
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004, 10:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Patsyd1

so anyway everyone after me.........made some sort of comment....on how they just loved their job too..........when it came to the chief engineer.......he says something to the affect I love my job and I like everyone here.........I said well, now I didnt say that...........lol everyone started to laugh......I tried to blow if off........but I feel really yucky.......and people made me feel bad for saying that.............I cant just shake off the brown nosing feeling............

Hi Gracey,

Sounds to me that everyone after you had much the same to say as you did. I would suggest taking the focus off the only one in the room who had something negative to say and put the focus on the fact that you were honest, funny, and had a pretty quick come-back if you ask me. LOL

Focusing on that one person, when so many after you had similar things to share as you did? Well, that doesn't have anything to do with them, it has to do with where you are putting YOUR focus.

This person may have been joking that said that to you, or they may not have been. The thing to keep in mind is that YOU weren't joking, and that you were being honest when you shared what you did, and THAT is wonderful

You have no control over how anyone takes what you say, but you have control over if you allow what they say to affect you.

You did GOOD (((((Gracey))))))), now give yourself a pat on the back and put the focus on all the positive that took place at that meeting, and take the focus OFF that one negative thing that was said

Patsy