View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 05:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
KIMBERLIE

It takes one to Know one!.......2 months on and still going strong!

Hi there

I only joined today and by chance you were the first thing I read, I found your 'letter'. Your wife was me, you were my husband.

I 'came to' in August of this year(30 years of drinking - 10 of these years was hell - but the last 5 years I was in hell). I went over the England and checked 'myself' into rehab for 6 weeks - I managed to get onto Step 4 from the beautiful BIG BOOK. (I am English but currently live in France).

I recognise everything you wrote - it was me. My husband read your letter and it brought tears to his eyes - he was you.

Your wife needs to 'come to' and to admit that she is 'powerless over her addictive behaviour and that her life has become unmanageable - learn to fully concede to her inner most self that she is an Alcoholic and that to realise that this is a very serious progressive mental illness-
Mind Part = the Great Obsession (just one drink 'won't' hurt)
The Great Obsession = Thinking that we can drink like other people
Body Problem = an Allergy, the phenomenon of craving
Craving = Beyond Mental Control
Alcoholic = Allergic Type

I apologise if I am saying something that you have already heard but believe me I would NEVER have called my addiction an ILLNESS OF THE MIND! and forgive me but have you tried - packing her bag and getting her to a rehab (lock in) - I am unfamiliar with what maybe available for you right now to proceed down this path........................
I and my Husband can only wish you good health and gods will...........

An Alcoholic Mind
Resent...ment is, as the Big Book state's, 'The number one offender' - it DESTROYS more Alcoholics/addicts than anything else. Resentment means to re-feel anger, hold or show a bitter hurt or indignation; this feeling is 'poison' for anyone hoping to develop a spiritual way of life, a life free from SELF...........................