View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 01:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Saliena

Dear blackkettle,

I came to SR today because I often get through half my day and the decide I need SR to help me get through the rest... the people here are always comforting and they understand my problems more then I do.

I think I can say for sure nothing on SR have ever touched me the way your letter to your wife did. I think minus the fact that I am attempting to deal with my drinking problem our lives may mirror each other in many way.

I am so sorry for you and I am so sorry your wife is willing to deal with her problem. The pain I hear in your words is the exact pain I have heard in my husbands voice several times this year. And, it is heart breaking to read the list of things you would miss. I pray that you find your best friend again... honestly I would be lost in this world if he made the decision you have.

I honestly wish you the best in everything and I hope you find someone to talk to. I will send you a private message with my phone number... if you want to attend an Alanon meeting we can look for those resources for you. If you need anything at all use SR we are a great group of people.

Thank you for sharing this letter... honestly it will help keep me sober today... and grateful for the progress I have made and the people who have helped get me here and keep me here.

Saliena