Thread: Hey All .
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Robbie86

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
SR is enough for me, but everyone is different.

You can bet that if I ever took a drink, or even found myself struggling with the desire to drink, I would widen my net by trying AA, RR, SMART, addiction counseling, and every other option available. I have gone to a few AA meetings. I see things a bit differently, but I found the rooms by and large to be an exceptionally welcoming, understanding environment. If there's one place you don't need to hide your feelings, including your anxiety at being there, it's probably an AA meeting.

Love Dublin, by the way. Terrific city.
Hey ReadyAndAble , thanks for your reply . I too am thinking like that regarding not going to AA unless I feel the other things I am doing are not enough . And I am glad to say that since my relapse , I have not had that problem , I am going through days without even thinking of using , it is wonderful although I have to be careful not to be complacent . And I fully agree with what you said about AA being so supportive , I couldn't have asked for more supportive people , it is a shame that they could accept me but I couldn't accept myself . Of course I have said to myself that when I get more confident in myself that I would like to go back to AA . Take it easy , Robbie