Thread: Hey All .
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
MemphisBlues

Everyone who walks into the rooms of AA is anxious about it, and I was amazed to find that I wasn't the only one with panic disorder and anxiety disorder. And my other major drug of choice was klonopin, a heavy-duty tranquilizer.

That said, all you have to do is share that you suffer from high anxiety, and kindred souls will identify and reach out to assure you that you'e in the right place.

SR will help you stay sober, in my view, as it has done for me many a tough morning and night.

But working the steps? Well, the steps of AA aren't something to read, to ponder, to agree or disagree with. They are a process that you are to take under the guidance of an AA sponsor. They are work, not thoughts, and after 14 months of sobriety, I'm beginning (hesitating, but beginning) to work my 8th step.

I've gone to hundreds of AA meetings, spend countless hours trolling here, and socialize only with those in recovery. For me, it's not the only way I can abstain from alcohol and drugs, but I can't live without the support I find in AA.