View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
learningtofly

Life recovery I to have heard of Imago therapy and I am thinking about switching to a therapist who specializes in it. My father is an alcoholic! I am now starting to realize just how greatly growing up around him and my codie mom has affected my life. I am learning a lot and really gaining insight as to why I am pre programmed in a sense to gravitate to certain ppl.

In looking back to my actions I am stuck with all of this hurt and resentment towards myself and my AH. I can't help but to feel that marrying him was a mistake I made under the influence of codependency. If I knew then what I know now I never would of married him! My gut says to get out of this marriage that it will never work, but then my head says now that you know better you can do better and that I should give him another chance because it's the "right thing to do" because we are married.

I am so tired of talking about my AH and all his problems and whether or not he is using! Anyone else feel this way? When I talk to my family or friends they always ask how AH is doing . . . what about me? Am I not affected by this too?

It's like our world revolves around going to meetings and talking about whether he is using or wanting to use or if he is dealing with his feeling uuugggg for heaven’s sake how many times are we going to go over this!! I'm so sick of hearing about his problem! LOL

I just want to run far far away from him so that I don't have to think about it ever again! Anyone else feel this way or am I just a little crazy?