View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
XXXXXXXXXX

Reclaiming the holiday

Last year when I was with XABF I have to report that EVERY HOLIDAY PRETTY MUCH SUCKED. Holidays were an excuse for more drinking or taking advantage of having extra days off work.

I was looking forward to a peaceful holiday for once.

Yesterday he texted all day, said he needed a friend to talk to. At this point he is claiming to be 2 months sober, and a little hurt that I still do not want to spend time with him or talk. I caved and called and we had a nice convo, but I stuck to my boundries that I did not want to see him at this point or talk about working on our relationship.

12:00midnight, the phone rings. I tell him I am sleeping, I don't want to talk. He talks for a few minutes. My gut told me that he had begun to drink. Not alot then, but enough for me to "hear" it through the phone.

2:30 my phone rings....I do not answer it.
2:30-2:40 more calls and crazy tests.....I turn OFF the ringer.
3:00 The house line rings at my parents. I hear my mom get up, but not answer it. She won't answer if it is him.
3:10 The house line rings again, I hear my dad get up and answer it, starting with "Do you know what time it is, please do not call here again."
At this point, all of the people in the house Me, Both Parents, my brother and his son who are visiting for thanks are awake. We turn off all the ringers in the house, which by the way my dad hates to do because he is a pastor and sometimes does get emergency calls at night from his congregation members.

7:00 I wake up. 17 missed cell calls, crazy texts, voicemails with nothing but music or crazy talk. My parents voicemail has 4 crazy messages.

Today I have not answered. It seems that he has gotten up and started drinking again. I haven't called back, not texted back.

Can I have my holiday back please?

I know I should change my number, but it's so inconvienient and unfair to me that I have to notify everyone I know that the number has changed. I have tried blocking, only to find that he calls me from other people's phones and numbers.