View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 06:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
breakingglass

Originally Posted by GettingBy View Post
You have made it clear that you aren't open and willing to a recovery program for YOU... so yes - in black and white - the two choices are stay and keeping getting what you're getting (a man who gets drunk and chases you with a meat cleaver) or get a divorce (and take YOUR issues with you).

Al-anon is not religious. There is no preaching or sermons. It IS a spiritual program where you will see how others who have lived with (or are currently living with!) alcoholism have learned to survive/thrive. If you haven't gone to a meeting, I suggest you give it a try.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Maybe it's time to try something different?
i have already left once as you clearly know. no, shouldn't have gone back.... if anyhthing it was stupid and i'm kicking my own butt every day because of it. and to be honest, i took no issues with me. i was content living with my mom..... i know i will get in trouble for saying this but i think that once i gain the courage to leave it all behine, i WILL leave the issues too.... i have always been happy go lucky. and i will be again. right now i'm needing support to get through all the decisions i have to make.

oh and he didn't chase me with a meat cleaver...he was too drunk to even stand up straight..... just thought i would clarify that!