Thread: What Addicts Do
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ABellaBaby

I guess I came to this community in search of some kind of help. I've been in a very hectic relationship for two years now, and this man and I recently had a child who I love so much and thank GOD every day for having her in my life. He is a "recovering" drug addict. We have been through so many ups and downs. When I first met him he was taking suboxone off the street and abusing it by I.V'ing ( he is a diabetic, so has access to needles all the time ).. I found out for the first time when he continuously used my bathroom for 30 minutes at a time, and then confronted him after noticing the track marks on his arm. He told me it "wasn't an issue" and could stop. Well, I don't really need to go on after that. You know what happens. He didn't stop of course. He didn't stop for a long time. The longest time he's been "sober" without needles, or suboxone, is 2 months, after a 25 day jail stint. When we had our daughter, he stopped using needles for a couple months, but has now started shooting up "water". He gets his suboxone strips occasionally, and we argue over the use of them, because he's dissapointed me so much and I just want him OFF everything all together, and our relationship and FAMILY is slowly going down the drain. i'm reaching out to any of you in a similar situation. Mind you, before we met he was addicted to cocaine and pain killers. He had been only using suboxone off the streets and mainly that's all he has used since we've been together, with the occasional relapse on crack. I just don't know where to go from here. I'm at a loss.