Thread: Company
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MyBetterWorld

Company

XAH's mother and grandma to my 2 daughters is in town for the Thanksgiving Holiday. I offered to let her stay with us, to avoid expensive motels, and holy hell, is she ever staying with us.

I don't have a problem with her in particular, but she literally does not have a filter on her mouth. I find myself so annoyed at her CONSTANT remarks about how I am doing something or even at her remarks about people on TV. For example, watching the American Music Awards last night....."wow, divorce sure hasn't been nice to Christina Aguilera" and "wow, that singer from Lady Antebellum needs to lose a few pounds" and many other insignificant but extremely annoying, unecessary comments. I ended up just going to bed. She also wears her disapproval of ANYTHING all over her face. I go out to smoke a cigarette ( I know, I shouldn't, but it's my one vice for now) and she cops attitude for the next ten minutes. I have a half a bottle of wine on my counter (been there for a couple of weeks, that's how little I drink) and she has to make comments about that.

The other thing she will not stop with it the wondering (out loud) about her son, where he is, do I have any idea, have I heard from him, would I call his friend to see if he has heard from him, etc. No, no, no and NO! This whole visit from her is really triggering me, her codie behavior is driving me nuts. I know full well that I have codie behavior as well, but I work really, really hard at not being codie. Having her in my house is sending me into crazyville. I was actually excited to leave the house to go to work this morning, which is unheard of on a MOnday.

I am really trying to keep my mouth shut so that I don't hurt her feelings, but I am having a hard time, and Saturday (when she leaves) is a LONG WAY off. Does anyone know of any coping mechanisms? Other than finishing that bottle of wine?????????

M