Old 11-20-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
ukiah77

Yes, my AH drank beer almost everyday when we met, but at that time (in our 20's) so did everyone else we knew. I never thought it was, or was going to be, a problem. I guess now looking back, there WERE signs that I just didn't recognize. Never being able to drive himself home from holidays or parties, going out at 10pm to get another 6 pack, etc.. I was a normie and didn't have a clue about alcoholism or the early signs of it. It wasn't until the passing out, weekly verbal attacks against me, and other people saying "Wow, your H was SO DRUNK at that party, ha ha..." when it finally dawned on me that he was an alcoholic! Duh! How was I so dense back then, how could I really not know, all the signs were there, was I blinded by love? Who knows. Now here we are, 10 years later. Sometimes I wish I was still a normie, oblivious to alcoholism because it wasn't directly in my life. Because this sh*t sucks. If I were to ever get a divorce from my AH, I will never, ever date someone who drinks or does drugs, or is a recovering addict, or anything of the sort. Never again.

Last edited by ukiah77; 11-20-2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: add something