View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 01:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi Dylan

I think it's really important we get sober for ourselves - getting sober for someone else never worked for me.

I started drugs and alcohol because I felt I was inferior too...that was the biggest mistake of my life...I lost 20 years of my life that way....and I still felt inferior when I wasn't drunk or stoned.

I reckon the only real way to learn the true value of yourself is to live your life clean and sober Dylan...it's the only way we grow and learn and move ahead.

I know it's hard, especially if you've only just started living sober - but it will get easier

The only one who can really change all this is you, Dylan - but that doesn't mean you need to do this alone

Have you thought of looking for other support now? Coming here is a good start
You said you wished you'd taken the 12 step classes? Why not check out a AA or NA meeting?

If you're not taking care of yourself and you're not leaving the house, is it possible you may be depressed? why not check that out with your Dr or a counsellor? You can at least listen to what they say - and you can talk about you not wanting any drug based solutions.

I'm glad you've joined us - you'll find a ton of support here

D