View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 10:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
amy55

I can empathize with this. My exah, who I strongly suspected had bi-polar, went thru many cycles.

One time, he can home from work, and just started ranting, and raging, telling me what a lazy so and so I was. I got my journal out, and told him that I wanted to write all of this stuff down, so that I would know what I could change about me, I even asked him to stop a few times, because he was talking too fast, and I wanted to write everything down, that I didn't want to miss anything. I even included and read back to him, "as he is towering over me, with his face so red, eyes bulging, and veins in his neck, popping out, looking like they want to explode...

His cell phone rings, he takes the call in the garage, it was his therapist calling to schedule an appt. He came back in, he was totally different, nice as could be... and asked me if I wanted pizza for dinner.

I then went to the garage door, opened it, and looked in. He asked me what I was looking for. I told him that I was just looking for "that other guy" that was just in here.

I know that I shouldn't have done that, and I shouldn't have taken out my journal. It could have ended my life. I just didn't care. I was just tired of it!!!!

Surprisingly he apologized that time, and I didn't set him off more.

I like the idea of the remote, and I would have used that also, but I wasn't allowed to touch the remote, it was his.

In situations like this, I don't know what to say, sometimes you may need to look at it like you are watching tv, and it is really not happening. It's hard not to react, and when you do, you make it worse, when you don't the bar has been raised, and they will do anything to get a reaction from you.

Just know that it ain't you.

She wanted that reaction from you, so that she would have something to be mad about. She needed to blame you for it.