Old 11-16-2011, 08:52 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by Watcher View Post
I believe the practice of reminding your beast of what it wants is to avoid falling complacent. When you get to the point that you can easily recognize and control the AV, it gets easy so to speak, like second nature. So by tempting your beast you can remind yourself how to exercise the control you already have over your AV so that it can't bite you in the ass when your not attentive to it.
While addicted, the Beast held you for ransom, jerking you around every which way. It organized your life around ITs wishes and declared "Before me, you are powerless !!!" Jerking IT around is just a way to lift the illusion that you are powerless and put the SOB in ITs place. It can also be a way of grasping the I/IT split.

DH85 is correct, though that all self-doubt is the AV, and I posted an example of this somewhere. If you think "Wow! This AVRT is great! I can't wait to try it out at Joe's BBQ!" - that would be pure AV. Why? Because "trying it out" suggests that you might drink again.

I posted about this here:

Rational Recovery