Old 11-16-2011, 05:06 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by DrivenHeart85 View Post
If that doesn't sound like marketing jargon, I don't know what does.
The book title, cover, and back cover is on the publisher, not the author. Simon & Schuster changed the title to "RR: TNC" against the author's wishes, for example. That said, I don't think Trimpey makes any sort of false promises. He is pretty up front about how things "work" with AVRT.

The problem is that addicted people usually want spoon-fed wisdom or external quick fixes, and then become irritated when they don't get it. Remember, dependence is the addicted person's real problem, and dependence necessarily breeds contempt. Just ask any parent of a petulant teenager if you believe that this is not so.

Originally Posted by Jack Trimpey, RR-TNC, Page 84

With AVRT, you are placed in the position of student. The knowledge you seek will not be revealed to you by a shaft of light from above, but through your own intelligence. Whether or not others care about you, love you, support you, or encourage you to succeed, you will be tested, and you will either pass or fail. The test will be in the form of real life experience when your Addictive Voice acts up. If you recognize it, you will pass, and if you fail to recognize it, you will drink or use.

Excerpted from "Rational Recovery: The New Cure for Substance Addiction" by Jack Trimpey

Copyright © 1996 by Jack Trimpey and Lois Trimpey
All Rights Reserved
Originally Posted by Jack Trimpey, RR-TNC, Page 95

You are ultimately alone in your struggle with your addiction. For our purposes, I hope you will feel alone, so that you will not be distracted from yourself. Your addiction is your own problem, and no one can really help you with it. It's completely up to you to decide whether you will continue drinking or using or quit altogether.

Excerpted from "Rational Recovery: The New Cure for Substance Addiction" by Jack Trimpey

Copyright © 1996 by Jack Trimpey and Lois Trimpey
All Rights Reserved