Old 11-14-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
chronsweet

I must say this was a rather EYE-OPENING post. YES, my A was drinking the first night I met him and every other night that I saw him. He lived at the beach and I equated it to just having a good time. We did have many good times drinking, going to concerts, and just hanging out. Then, he began doing other things and I actually tried things I had never tried before. I did them for a while and then quit when I found out I was preggo. I never did them afterwards because I love my baby too much. He stopped doing pills, etc. after our son was born too. BUT, the alcohol resumed its place, and he drinks every single day.

I have never experienced alcoholism and any experience I had with alcohol was just a bunch of people having a good time, social drinking if you will. My A drinks alone every day. He says he isn't an A and 'can stop anytime.' He just doesn't want to quit. The only, and i say the ONLY, good thing to come out of our relationship is our son. I should have listened to my mom years ago who had an alcoholic dad , and am finally starting to listen. She told me A would never make me happy. She told me I deserved more out of life and my expectations weren't being met. I should have listened when I was 9 months preggo and was going to leave him.