Old 11-14-2011, 09:00 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
kanamit

Originally Posted by DrivenHeart85 View Post
Here's an interesting thought...

I listen to music that "serenades my Beast". Where I live, it's either the country's Top 40, where the songs insinuate, "Get drunk so I can rape you" or country music which says, "Get drunk so we can make love". Thinking country music was the lesser of two evils, that's what I've been listening to. But if the Beast could write music, it would write country songs..."It's 5 'O Clock Somewhere" is just screaming alcohol dependence. lol

Has anyone run into this music problem? I'll never drink again but I certainly don't want to send music messages to my Beast that drinking is a good time and highly advocated.

In all honesty, I need my iPod to come back to life! Or finally get an iPhone so I can select the songs I listen to rather than wake up to drunk-athon radio music. Seriously, the culture I live in just makes me want pull my hair out sometimes.
What is important to me is that, if used correctly, so-called "triggers" actually pour petrol onto the flames of AVRT.

I don't spend a great deal of time listening to music but I listen/watch to huge amounts of audiobooks, radio shows, DVDs, films, etc as I spend all day, every day at a computer. I love watching and listening to programmes and films that involve drinking as it is a way of torturing the Beast. The way I see it that if you whet its appetite with ideas of drinking and don't drink, it's an act of cruelty to the Beast.

For me it is crucial to never avoid any situation that involves drinking. If I say, don't go there because there is alcohol, I'm telling myself that I (not the Beast) can't take it. And if you ever inadvertently find yourself in front of alcohol your Beast will say. Oh well, you didn't plan for this, it's not your fault, so fill your boots. There is always loads of alcohol in our house and I go to pubs and dinner parties all the time.

Does that make any sort of sense?