Old 11-14-2011, 12:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
simian66

The woman I have been involved with for three years I met upstairs at a party. Hardly anyone turned up, but those who did left early and left their beers which she seemed rather excited about. I guess I knew it was not normal behaviour on the first night. She showed up drunk on my doorstep a couple of months later and asked me out for some drinks. I went along with it. I had been single for four years recovering from a 16 year abusive relationship. I was flattered that a gorgeous woman 10 years my junior was saying all these things about what a nice kind guy I was.

Three years later I haven't spoken to her in the past two months or so. I got sick of the police station rescues and hospital runs and court dramas. I had the abusive text messages for a while but they seem to have subsided.

So, yes I did realise. I guess I was desperate. I seem to equate abuse to love. I think it comes from my childhood experiences. I'm still saddened by this all, but I can see I am better off alone at the moment. Maybe a healthier relationship might present itself in future. I'm learning.... I think.