Old 11-13-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HuskyPup
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Why is it so hard to find real life secular support groups?

I keep wondering this. I live in a huge metro are, and yet, there is really nothing outside of the one unspeakable, kind of non-secular group, and that just did not pan out for me, though I did try going for over 4 months. So I thought, I wish there was a group that you could be more open, honest and frank without having to tow to a certain doctrine, or risk being ostracized. There's a few SMART meetings, but when I work, and also far away....

I work a lot on this by myself, but I really long for a place to go, and talk to people in an open setting.....and have not found it. I even asked my therapist, and he had no clue...such things do not seem to exist, and I have to wonder why.

So...I will try and not let this get me down, or be an excuse, but I feel like sometimes, I could use a more active network...even an online one. But the secular sections always seem really slow, in terms of posts, even, and I am too scared anymore to post outside of them, after all the abuse from the last time, up in those sections.

OK, I needed to vent, bear with me here.

Thanks.