View Single Post
Old 09-04-2004, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

Wow, good one Smoke!

Hope I can jump over to this side of the fence.

Gee, for me, I have many preferances. Some of them I got with hubby, some I still hope for. But his ability like Lorelai, to treat me well, let me know at the young age of 15 I was his world, we were the only two in the universe is what kept me coming back for more.

His boyish sense of humor, which is one endearing quality that some day's can be quite annoying, given I'm a prude, is one that attracted me. He too was somewhat lost coming from a dysfunctional home, and I wanted to rescue him as well. He's very talented in many areas. He has this ability to let things roll off him, nothing bothers him most of the time, and nothing is extreme in dealing with life. Coming from my family of devout Catholics, this was huge for me. I like a diverse individual, though, I'm pretty much simplistic.

When younger, and sometimes now, I see a very sensitive side. The fact that he doesn't display emotions easily and has a hard time being "mushy" has digressed, as we've aged. But I know it's there, it rarely comes out, and when it does, I couldn't be more in love, and my "rescue" instincts from long ago, alway's kick in.

Now, almost 25 years later, I've had the privledge to watch this boy grow into a man that I know I could never be without. His, patience, his trust, and his love is paramount above any relationship I've ever endured. Given, he's the one married to an alcoholic, I'm grateful, that most of the qualities, that attracted me to him still remain.

So, senstive, lost, the ability to make me feel important, a very laid back personality is what I find attractive. This seems to be true for the couple of boyfriends I did have in college (while we were broke up *LOL*), except one, who didn't have the ability to make me feel significant, and that ended quickly.

As much as I enjoy the hunky eye candy, there's only one that holds the key to my heart on good day's and bad and on the bad day's I just hide the key in my bra!