Thread: Jail again. . .
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Jail again. . .

Don't you just hate it when you know. . .

I have had that "feeling" - that little something in the pit of your stomach that something isn't just right with my daughter - the phone conversations were weird, sporatic, not making sense, the drastic weight loss, the "new" friends, blah, blah, blah. . .

I have walked this road with her for over 17 years - I know when it's not good, I see it, I feel it, I hear it . . .

Then she disappears, no contact, no returned phone calls, no returned text messages, no post on FB -

yes then you know it in your gut, you just have to wait until someone confirms it - today someone let me know she's in jail again - doesn't really matter all the details - this is the 5th or 6th time - right now I really can't remember -

All I can remember is my program of recovery - detachment with love; no enabling - because I have proven over and over again - enabling DOESN'T help her or me

Today I decided I would mail her a letter to the jail - just to tell her I love her and I'm praying for her - I know i have said it a million times - but I need to say it again ~ I have always told my girls - I may not agree with your choices or actions, but there is never anything you can do that will make me NOT love you.

I need to remind her of that . . .for both our sakes.

So my friends, if you have a moment - let us join our hearts and minds in thoughts and prayers (if you choose) for our addict loved ones that still suffer and for their parents, spouses, and children ~ this disease tries to take us all!

This is not an easy road for either of us ~

PINK HUGS & prayers for God's very best for us all
Rita