Old 11-05-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
freethinking
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by wpainterw View Post
Further, as to Beast like behavior as a social phenomenon, this goes way back to the beginning of history and surfaces in religious circles (devil worship, black masses, demonic possession), literature (e.g. Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness") and politics (the Nazi movement, Rwanda, Uganda and other instances of genocide). An affinity between lizard brains. Interesting that among the first they go after are the so called "intellectuals" and the beast's greatest enemy resides somewhere in the cerebral cortex. The beast needs the conscious mind since it is itself inarticulate, but it would rather enslave it. This of course is what happens in addiction.

W.
Broadening the concept of The Beast is very interesting to me. It explains a lot in terms of issues I seem to be experiencing now aside from outright desires to drink. I can also see how one type of beast will fuel another type eventually, so they sort of seem to work hand in hand. Going to have to read up on the pain-body again. This hits home with me right now.