View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
lillamy

Right now I think my resentments are getting to me in new ways... I don't feel angry per se but I am annoyed that I am so freaking hypersensitive to alcohol and others drinking
Been there, done that, didn't even get a freakin' t-shirt. I didn't even work through it, I just think I got tired of alcohol being an issue. And I'm SO with you on social drinkers who are drunk. I can have compassion on some level with the drunk homeless person -- but it still bugs me when "normal" people get drunk and slur their speech and tell you how much they hate their boss and what a GREAT gal you've always been...

I also have a problem with many of my girlfriends who (at least ten times a week) say things like "sorry you're having a ****** day; buy yourself a bottle of wine on the way home." And like you said -- it's my issue, not theirs -- but I've started saying "Listen -- I spent 20 years with a guy who thought getting a bottle of wine on the way home was the way to solve all his problems. I'm not falling down that same rabbithole."