View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 04:30 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
soccer
Soccer

What helped me

To all of you who are going through the withdrawls, I have been through them before (many times) and would like to offer up some things that have helped me get through. First, try to keep your mind occupied. They are mental withdrawls as much as physical (at least they are for me). Keeping your mind busy with other things is a great help. I always threw myself into my work, even though you may feel like crap work has always helped. Second, have some over the counter medications at hand. I used something for the diarrhea and a cold a flu medication that was reccomended by a Doctor (this one you have to get at the pharmacy counter I cant mention the brand). This worked wonders for easing the RLS and a bit with the nausea. Third and most important, PRAY to your higher power. Also know that those of us on here are praying for you too. When temptation strikes, and it will, come on here and vent, send a personal message to someone here (I do not mind getting them) and ask for advice. Talk to anyone you trust.
You can beat this. I know you can, cause I have before. Don't despair if you fall, just be firm in your resolve. God Bless you and stay strong!