View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Leaping

OH the tales they spin...

So I got a series of texts from my STBXAH last weekend and the story is comical, especially given the outrageous lies he has told over the last two years (some of which I believed)

He starts with texting about how he almost died (this is not the funny part, bear with me) and how the front side of his car is full of blood and he is all cut up.

So I call him (sucked back in...I know I know) and he tells me this story of how he was driving down interstate 65 in Virginia and someone threw a rock that hit his side driver window, shattering it and spraying him with glass. Turns out he knows the guy who threw the rock so he pulled over and had some words with him, his name is Hernando. They exchanged some words and my STBXAH drives off, bleeding but with the promise from Hernando that he (Hernando) will pay for the damages.

I must admit I got off the phone (quickly once I realized the level of BS I was dealing with) and had a good laugh at the thought of some mexican throwing rocks at speeding Tahoes on I65 near Richmond. And managing to hit the window but not total the car. Its a ridiculous story!

Why cant he just admit he was drunk and hit something on his way home? Or broke the window because he locked the keys inside? Or whatever the truth was? The lengths he goes to to cover up his drinking is amazing.

Just had to share, I had a good laugh and I know there is nothing funny about this story or the underlying disease so I hope no one gets offended but MY GOSH! The lies...the lies....