View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 12:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
TylerDurden

Originally Posted by Dan25 View Post
Hi guys. I guess my problem is very similar to many of you that are reading this once I start drinking I can't stop. I mean we go all the way till two things happen there is no booze or I pass out. So every 5 days king alcohol and his prime minister come calling and this is been going on for about 12 years now. Just going through a severe hangover as I'm writing this. I'm really scared it is getting so hard to control this addiction. I'm scared for my daughter she is only 2 I feel like I'm failing her big time. Last night I drank till I vomited and I missed work today. My friends don't think I got a problem as I only drink on weekends and it is somewhat socially acceptable. I'm also a mellow drinker I don't drive or act like an idiot so people don't see me as an alcoholic. I think I'm on my last breath here this nasty habit is taken my life in a completely opposite direction I wanted to be in. I'm now 32 and suffer from anxiety and high BP and it seems that I'm only happy when ethanol is pumping through my veins. I need to write this because this is the first time that I have admitted to myself that somehow things have to change. I don't know where to go from this point onwards but I know I'm wiling to change things for good. I can't stop crying as I write this (sad for a 32yo man) I think all the pain, fear and regret is finally built up. Thanks for listening.

Dan - I feel we can deal with your future, but only if we handle your past first.

Last edited by Dee74; 11-04-2011 at 01:41 AM. Reason: email links not allowed